Keeping your Ontario health card up-to-date is important, so please take good care of it.
Whenever you access medical services in Ontario, you will need to present a valid OHIP card. You will have to go to a ServiceOntario centre to renew your OHIP card 2-3 months before it expires.
What do you need to renew your OHIP card?
- your current OHIP card
- the renewal reminder you got in the mail (don’t forget to fill up the Health Card Renewal Form, which can be found in the back of the reminder)
- if you didn’t get the reminder (or lost it), you can download the form here and print it out).
- personal IDs (list of acceptable identification found here)
- if you recently changed status in Canada (just became a Permanent Resident or Canadian Citizen, for example), please bring the pertinent document from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada IRCC
- if you recently got married, bring your marriage certificate showing your married name
How much does it cost to renew my OHIP card?
Nothing, renewing an Ontario health card is free. Do take note that your new OHIP card will arrive in the mail in 4 to 6 weeks.
Hi there! We hope you enjoyed this article.
FILIPINOSINCANADA.COM is a growing community of Filipinos in Canada. We haven’t been around for very long, but we’re super enthusiastic!
If you know someone who might be interested in learning more about the Filipino experience in Canada, please do share this post by clicking on the share button below. Thanks for helping us grow our community!
We’d love to hear from you! Please drop us a line for any questions, comments and suggestions: email@example.com
We’re just getting started, thanks for joining us on this journey!