Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents can sponsor their parents and grandparents to come and join them in Canada as Permanent Residents themselves. Here’s what you need for sponsorship under the Parent Grandparent Program (PGP).
At least 18 years old,
A Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident
Must be able to support parents or grandparents financially
Steps in applying:
First you have to check if you (the Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident) are eligible to apply.
- Check your eligibility
- Submit the online Interest to Sponsor form.
- Wait for invitation from IRCC to submit complete application.
- Submit your complete application.
- When you are approved as a sponsor, your parent or grandparent’s eligibility will be assessed by IRCC. Check for processing times.
- When approved, Submit your Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF).
- Prepare for your parents or grandparents arrival.
For more information about the Parent Grandparent Program (PGP), visit the official website of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Hi there! We hope you enjoyed this article.
FILIPINOSINCANADA.COM is a growing community of Filipinos in Canada. We haven’t been around for very long, but we’re super enthusiastic!
If you know someone who might be interested in learning more about the Filipino experience in Canada, please do share this post by clicking on the share button below. Thanks for helping our grow our community!
We’d love to hear from you! Please drop us a line for any questions, comments and suggestions: firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re just getting started, thanks for joining us on this journey!