adult education training

Adult education is big in Canada. After reaching the legal school-leaving age, Canadian adults can choose to engage in lifelong learning for the purposes of personal development in an informal or formal learning environment. According to a recent Statistics Canada report, over half of the population have participated in or have expressed an interest in adult education.

Are you a teacher working in Adult Education in the Philippines? The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) has partnered with the Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE) to provide training in Canada. They’re sending 30 Filipino teachers to Canada to show them how things are done over here.

What’s the project called?

The project is called Continuing Professional Development for Higher Education in the Philippines: Adult Education Training Program.

Who can apply?

It’s for Filipino citizens who are permanent employees of Higher Education Institutions (HEIs).

Who’s running the program?

CHED and the Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE).

The Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE) is a Canadian organization whose members include 150 colleges, institutes, universities, school boards and language schools all across the country. CBIE works with the Government of Canada to develop Canada’s international education strategy.

How to apply?

You can submit an application individually or be nominated by your institution. Complete application details are here.

What does the program cover?

The program will include online training, as well as training in the Philippines and Canada.

The program will all travel related fees including visa applications, airfare and accommodations.

When is the deadline?

Deadline to submit an application is on March 28, 2018.