Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is accepting new applications for the Interim Pathway for Caregivers.
WHAT IS THE INTERIM PATHWAY FOR CAREGIVERS?
The Interim Pathway for Caregivers gives Filipino workers who have accumulated the necessary amount of work experience the opportunity to apply for Permanent Residency.
WHO CAN APPLY UNDER THE INTERIM PATHWAY FOR CAREGIVERS?
Only work experience gained since November 30, 2014 will be considered. Only work experience as a home childcare provider, home support worker (or a combination of the two) will be considered.
Work experience must match the description and duties and responsibilities as outlined in the National Occupation Classification (NOC) Groups 4411 or 4412.
IRCC has begun accepting additional applications under the Interim Pathway for Caregivers on July 8, 2019 and will do so for the next three months.
WHAT ARE THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY UNDER THE INTERIM PATHWAY FOR CAREGIVERS?
You can apply for Permanent Residency under the Interim Pathway for Caregivers if you meet the following conditions:
• authorization to work in Canada on a Work Permit (but NOT on a Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP) Work Permit at the time of application; or
• applied for a renewal of a Work Permit (but not a Live-in Caregiver Program Work Permit); or
• applied and is eligible for restoration of status, and held a Work Permit (but NOT a Live-in Caregiver Program Work Permit); and
• language skills of at least a CLB/NCLC 5 in English or French; and
• 12 months of full-time work experience in Canada since November 30, 2014, in a relevant occupation; and
• a minimum of a Canadian high school diploma or non-Canadian educational diploma, certificate or credential that’s equal to a Canadian high school diploma. Foreign credentials will require an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) issued within five years before the date of application by an approved organization that indicates that the foreign diploma, certificate or credential is equivalent to a completed Canadian secondary school diploma.
Still have some questions and wondering if you’re qualified to apply for Permanent Residency under the Interim Pathway for Caregivers? Contact IRCC right away at the number at the back of your current Work Permit.
Hi there! We hope you enjoyed this article.
FILIPINOSINCANADA.COM is a growing community of Filipinos in Canada. We haven’t been around for very long, but we’re super enthusiastic!
If you know someone who might be interested in learning more about the Filipino experience in Canada, please do share this post by clicking on the share button below. Thanks for helping our grow our community!
We’d love to hear from you! Please drop us a line for any questions, comments and suggestions: email@example.com
We’re just getting started, thanks for joining us on this journey!