Here’s something to look forward to this May. A group of employers from the province of New Brunswick in Canada are coming to the Philippines to look for qualified workers to work in different industries like food service and manufacturing. Hop to it, they’re looking to hire workers for New Brunswick.
Sounds interesting? Read on to find out more.
New Brunswick is on Canada’s east coast. It’s a beautiful part of the country and is famous for its fishing industry, particularly lobsters. Shediac, NB is known as the Lobster Capital of the World. It’s also famous for its potatoes, with over 1/3 of the world’s French fries coming from potatoes harvested in New Brunswick.
With a population of just 747,101, New Brunswick has a lot of room for growth. The provincial government of New Brunswick have been expanding their Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) by supporting local employers in hiring foreign workers who could make positive contributions to the local economy.
What, you may ask, are they looking for? They’re looking for workers in the manufacturing and food industry. Here are some of the positions that they’d like to fill during their trip to Manila.
- Fastfood Restaurant Managers & Supervisors
- Food industry workers (with experience in food preparation, specifically chocolate, pastry and bread)
- Food production workers
- Metal manufacturing plant workers
- Fiberglass workers
- Fishing net maintenance workers
- Tailors with experience making custom made suits
- Auto body technicians
This is when this job fair will take place: Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 10:00am. The venue for this even will be emailed to you after registration.
What do you need to prepare?
- Language exam results (such as IELTS General Training)
- Educational credential assessment (ECA)
- Proof of work experience
- Sufficient liquid settlement funds (Show Money)
Click on this link, fill out the forms and register to be notified where the job fair will take place.
Would you like to learn more about New Brunswick? Visit http://livinginnb.ca/